Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Lolo Peping's hands

My dad's nickname is Peping. We called him Lolo Peping because his grandson and grand daughter often called him in that name so we imitates them sometimes. I always knew dad is the best when in comes to gardening and landscaping. He graduated in Agriculture (way back many many years ago) in Baguio City and he was a former irrigation supervisor of DPWH who helped constructed and supervised the Nayong Pilipino in Pasay and the CCP (Cultural Center of the Phils.) in the year 1970's. Then he explored and was exposed in more in-depth training in landscaping when he worked as a gardener in one of the rich family in Saudi Arabia.

Through the years, he tends to our garden in Laguna and in his house in the province. He loves planting root crops and vegetables and we grow eating them fresh. And until now, I see the difference in taste of those fresh vegetables and those that are not.

After some time, i haven't visited them in Laguna when my father in law got sick. I only got a chance to go there when I need to bring Chase to his vet for his last vaccine last Saturday. And when I reached the house, I was amazed on how Papa managed to plant veggies and fruits trees all in our garden and still look spacious. He really is great in that craft. I salute you, Lolo Peping! =)

Take a look on some pics of our garden.


His Atis tree...

Papa's veggies: squash, malunggay and string beans

his garden

my mom's flower plants... with Chase!

Chase keeps coming to that side...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 shared their thoughts: