Powered by Blogger.
RSS

COVID 19 Survivor Story - Day 0

March 30, 2021

 

I know there’s something wrong with me the moment I felt it.  I had to isolate myself in our main room with a separate restroom. It’s the proper way when you have 1 or more symptoms to protect your love ones.  I have 2 kids with a husband and mother in-law both with comorbidities.  My youngest daughter sleep with us (husband).  But the moment I felt there’s something brewing up to my body I told my husband to sleep in the other room.


And that saves them from having the virus.


I had a teleconsultation with a doctor thru our MHO card stating all my symptoms.  She doesn’t advise to have a swab test right away because just 2 days that I have symptoms.  And honestly, if she did advice, I don’t know how to do it without cashing out my own money through home service (quite expensive) or how can I go out and request for a swab test while inhibiting symptoms.  She gave me tons of medicines, antibiotics as well so as the stop or prevent my “fever and cough” to progress. 

With the news of Metro Manila hospitals (private and public) being overwhelmed because of the new surge in COVID infections, for the first time in my life, I felt scared.  Deep down inside I pray that I, oh God, this is not COVID.  Please make this just an ordinary flu, I will get better.

 

But I did not. My cough worsens. My fever spiked up to 39°C, then goes down because I take a paracetamol and then back to 38°C above after few hours. I am hoping the antibiotics will help.  But when you know your body well, you will know that none of it helps you get better.  I inform our HR that I have a fever and cough and though they wish too that it’s just a common flu, they advised me to have the RT-PCR.  I informed my immediate boss on my situation and they too were sympathetic and wish me well.

 

And then I started to have a diarrhea. And noting all the possible symptoms of Covid infections.  I had to tick having LBM on the lists of symptoms.  I take an anti-diarrhea tablets because my body can’t take another trip to the CR when I barely eat. I started to lose my sense of taste and all foods given to me started to taste like it was horribly cooked. But my sense of smell is still good. So, I had to hang on to any hopes that it’s just a flu and I can make it. I noticed that my fever was consistently high and even the paracetamol can’t handle it anymore.

 

And boy, how I was wrong. That night, I barely sleep to no sleep at all.  I cough that hard like there’s no tomorrow and I feel there’s this bitter liquid coming out from my mouth when I cough and I thought that is from my gut or from my lungs because that’s how hard I cough, a dry and long cough that tears are forming from my eyes and when I close my eyes, different kind of dreams filled my brains that instantly, so I spent my time sitting on a chair and let the night passes while wide awake.

 

 

 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 shared their thoughts: