Powered by Blogger.
RSS

COVID Survivor Story - Day 3

 

April 2, 2021

 

I started to feel anxious.  The nurses tried not to wake me up at 4:00am but I’m ultra sensitive to every movement happening in my hospital room.  The noise of the exhaust fan bothers me at first then I get to used it after a while.  I wake up at the sudden opening of the door.  Time for oximeter test, blood pressure and body temperature (that’s the routine all throughout) and some IV medicines.  The next set of nurses will come at my room at 6:00am for another medicine thru IV and some are taken orally.  Then some instructions on other medicines to take by the next hours.  They had to maximize using of their PPE.  I had to pay for it anyway.   They will charge it to my health card and my health card company has a maximum amount to be charged to them.

 

A little update to my colleagues whom I was so thankful for sharing their prayers. My husband informs me that they already reported to our homeowner’s association President regarding my confinement due to Covid infection.  We had to do the right way.  Then the President inform our BHERT (Barangay Health Emergency Response Team) to add to the statistics and schedule an immediate swabbing for my whole family.  But with the surge of Covid positive, my husband said it will take a while for them to be swab right away. Anyway, they were advised for a mandatory quarantine and they can’t leave the house anymore for 14 days.   

 

My husband expressed dismay that he can’t provide my other personal need, but I told him I have someone I can ask to do some errands.  And don’t overthink because I always think that God will never forsake me, I have that strong faith I can make it through.

 

My colleague and a friend answered my prayers, they voluntarily sent me some toiletries (sanitary pads, cottons, tissues, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo and conditioner) and foods! Though I feel sad that I have no appetite at all.  I can smell but suddenly the taste of it especially rice seems off and it really can’t pass through my mouth.  I have no choice to put the foods aside including the hospital food they provided.  The feeling is dreading. 

 

At night, male nurses came to my room to inform me that I need to have a CT scan. I’m feeling weak suddenly.  Being in high flow supplemental oxygen is no joke.  They hoisted me in a wheelchair with portable oxygen down to the first floor where the CT scan area is located.  They assist me in laying down to the machine bed and though I still have my oxygen mask and the whole process is quite quick but the feeling that something might not be right is what makes a person feel that anxiety and fear.

 

And as I lay down to sleep after they put another vial of Rendesivir on my IV and left my room and be alone for the whole night, I prayed to God that He alone can help me get through this.  I still want to be with my family, I still need to do a lot of things.  I need to be strong.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 shared their thoughts: