Powered by Blogger.
RSS

COVID Survivor Story - Day 2

 

April 1, 2021

 

They finally call my husband to process the admission form.  They transferred me that night at past 9:00PM to a private room in the Covid floor (entire 4th floor is a Covid ward), they said they had to sanitize the whole room for 4 hours before it can be use by another patient.  I bid goodbye to my husband (meters apart) while they are whisking me away thru a wheelchair attached with a portable oxygen.  He still settling some cash payment for the Remdesiver they will use that night.  I can see the sadness in his eyes, while I worry that he may have the Covid virus too because he’s with me in the car and while doing some paper works. I signal that I will call him while we wave each other goodbye.  He might have a problem going home because the curfew is up at 10:00PM- 04:00AM.

 

We made it to our room. They asked me if I can transfer to the bed on my own.  I told them they can just hold me just in case.  The oxygen Is connected through the wall.  It will be my companion for the rest of my stay.  Within the hour, they injected 2 Remdesiver vial (anti-viral medication) through my IV.  It felt surreal.  It happened so fast that in a matter of hours I was there in a hospital room being treated with severe Covid infection.  How can this happen? 

 

But I focus on some more medicines they are injecting through my IV.  I asked one time and the nurse said it’s a steroid.  My mind is so clear that time.  I take notice of my room.  I changed my clothes and wear the hospital gown instead, it will be easier for everyone since I’m expecting a lot of poking, blood works and checking of stats. They also gave me some basic toiletries, my own digital body temperature and oximeter unit. 

 

After giving some updates to my family, colleagues and my husband being at home and wishing me well, I lie down thinking am I too sick to be here?  Or am I being strong just like always.  My cough still bothers me and suddenly my fever is back to normal.  My day 1 happens with a series of medicine being administered to me as scheduled. The anti-coagulant injection (underside of my right arm) hurts the most. The nurse knows, he reminds me that it will hurt. I should take Vitamin C with Zinc 2x a day, cough powder solution and others, orally.  I am now fully dependent on the oxygen. 


I prayed to God to help me made through this.  I suddenly feel alone… and sick.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 shared their thoughts: