Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Gone Too Soon

I got up from bed at 8am and like the others, I checked for some messages in Viber, SMS and Facebook.  Imagine the shocked I felt when I saw a Facebook post about a dear friend from my previous company who passed away that morning.  And my mind raced into one reason, is it COVID?  And yes, it is due to COVID.  And my heart breaks into pieces. My former boss who called me a minute later to confirm the news. She read it through Facebook post also and someone confirmed it to her.  A former colleague who’s with him in one account inform me that it due to cardiac arrest. He has some underlying condition pre-Covid (diabetes and perhaps, high blood).  And they thought he’s going to make it.  He even replied to his team, so far so good, when asked on his current condition.  He was in the hospital for just 7 days. 


It was so sudden that all his friends, colleagues, most especially his family were literally got the saddest news that Saturday morning.  NO one is expecting this. And though we haven’t seen each other since our surprise meet during McDonald’s fun run in Mall of Asia last 2019, we talked in messenger if there’s a chance.  Covid is cruel.  It strikes the world and alter the course of every life. 

 
I cried inside for him.  He has a full life ahead. He just 47 years old and living his life and on top of his career.  And while my heart was aching, I thanked God on the second chance He gave me when I was sick last April.  He made me strong. God healed me and gave me courage that I need to think that I will get better and sooner. 

 
May you rest in peace with our dear Lord, my friend.  With HIM, you will feel no pain and only happiness will reign.  I will always remember how you believed in me when some turns their back on me.  I will never forget you. Please pray for us. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 shared their thoughts: