Powered by Blogger.
RSS

When We Were Young

 

Today I called my high school best friend and ask her how she was.  I never had a chance to talk to her through phone except some greetings in FB when someone from our family had a birthday.  Our last meet up was pre-Covid time and it’s been almost 2 years. 

But she’s my best friend, no matter how many years that we haven’t communicate we know that we are true to our oath, BFF for life!  We still have our old phone numbers and even the landline home number though I know she is quite forgetful.  I must remind her that it was me except when I call her, and she knew it was my voice no matter how I change my tone.

 

I told her I had Covid, and she was quite shocked.  I told her some details, but I insist we must see each other to talk more about it since we are both fully vaccinated now.  We always just meet at SM Sucat and it was both near our area. 

 

It brings back to some memories we had in high school, college, when we are both working, when we get married, I was one of the godmothers of her first child, invite each other on some important occasions in our family.  We had our youngest daughter a month apart.  March 12 and April 21 of the same year.  We talked a lot, laugh a lot and share each other funny experiences.  I was the naughty one in high school and she is more on the timid side.  I remember when I’m making funny prank or jokes within our group (during our reunion) and I look in her eyes, she immediately told me silently, “no… not me, not me please” and I laughed so hard I got tears in my eyes. 

 

We are not getting younger anymore.  I look back at the times when we are full of adventures during our high school years and it become  one or twice a year meet up after we got ourselves busy in our married and daily life.  Our sadness, our frustration, our what if's. But the energy in our eyes, the reminiscing moments, the laughter, it’s still there.  We can only look back, but one thing is for sure, the bond is still there, stronger as ever. Just like before ….  when we were young.


So to my BFF, EST. This blog post is for you 💖💜

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 shared their thoughts: