Powered by Blogger.
RSS

After the Storm

Well, typhoon Frank gave us quite a scare last Sunday dawn... we woke up when the electricity went off and the strong winds almost tearing our roof away. I immediately called my sister in our house in Pasay to checked them out and because I'm concerned with our house. Our 3rd floor rooftop is very open to wind coz it rise above any house within the neighbor. The roof had a big room which belongs to my brother before and now they converted it to a boarding room. Last time we had a strong typhoon, the roof in the left side of the room was swept by the winds and fell down to our neighbors place. Good thing no one was hurt during that chaos. My sister told me my elder sister was in 3rd floor that time with their male boarders monitoring the situation. I felt relieved. And then me and my hubby went down to checked if everything was okey in our house.

Though still raining, and as if we don't mind ankle deep floods outside our house, we went to the market to buy foods for lunch. The lights resumed by 2pm. I had a talked to with youngest sister and she said they still don't have electricity in their house and they all went to SM Muntinlupa to watch Incredible Hulk, my sister, amidst all the winds and rains still find time in malling. I laughed when she said she thinks that the typhoon was like Signal no. 4 so we don't have work today.

Well, she's wrong. We are all here in the office. But I'm glad that we are safe.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 shared their thoughts: