Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Hearts day story


It’s Valentines day, and instead of the usual celebration with my family, complete with the roses and chocolates or a fine dining,  I choose to stay at home.  My son brought the candy rose at school so he can give it to his crush (he’s just 7!) in the 2nd grade.  I usually baked some goodies so he can give it to his teachers and friends but pity me, I don’t really feel like doing it, not now, not today.  And after I sent him to school, I go back to sleep beside his sister and had a nightmare in the morning! I know it's because I started to think again the whole situation again. This should be over by today. But its not, they have to prolonged the inevitable.  It brings back so many things and I can’t help it, my heart feels so heavy. And then I started to pray.  I pray for God’s strength and guidance.  That He will help us lift our broken spirit.  I pray that this too shall pass.  That we can start to get back to our feet again.  That whenever we feel down, I know He will always there to carry us. 


To keep off my mind on the sad truth, I started digging my baking cabinet for something to do.  I notice I have the complete ingredients for the chewy chocolate chips cookies I wanted to bake and while my little assistant keeps on stirring her little spoon on my cookie dough, I still manage to bake 50 pcs of it.  I was rewarded by the oh’s and ah's of my family because the delicious smell of the freshly baked cookies is all over the house. I am so grateful for the love of the family. 


I cannot bring back what has happened. I just wish and pray that this will be over soon.  And when this is over, and because after the rain, the storm, the pain, there is always a rainbow.  God is with us through this journey.




  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 shared their thoughts: